In creating my first plan of action, I needed to ask myself:
What are the top 3 things holding me back from my goals?
After some reflection, I listed out these three things:
- Accountability: I haven’t been motivated to make healthy choices and addicted to making the bad ones. I have no one and nothing holding me accountable and I’m not quite to a stage where I alone can hold MYSELF accountable.
- I’m never going to the gym I pay for: After we bought our house I switched to a small nearby (10min drive) gym. Clearly I hated it because I’ve been paying $50/month to go and went about 2 times per month… both times I didn’t even break a sweat.
- I’m eating anything and everything all the time: Constant snacking, high calorie lunches and dinners, poor choices, you name it.
I’ve learned from my past yo-yo experiences that if I make drastic changes to solve all of my problems at once, I quit in 3-8 weeks.
What are the small changes I can make NOW to make progress this month?
- Accountability: Place my $1000 Weight Loss Bet
- Gym: Create a home (garage) gym so that I don’t have an excuse of not getting to the gym. Commit to 3 days of cardio (even if it’s just a 30 minute walk) and 2 sessions of body weight exercises per week.
- Coming soon: Blog post on my home gym!
- Diet: No more post-dinner snacking, eat more greens and research healthy recipes.